It is a common myth that adolescents / children don’t get stressed or worry about issues or problems. They, like adults are often affected by stresses in their lives. They often express the stress by acting out, withdrawing, having problems at schools with teachers and/or peers. They have fewer resources to cope and less control over their lives than adults, and they often need others to notice what is happening to them. I have worked effectively with adolescents and their families to help cope with issues including
- Transitions, like preparing and leaving for college.
- Teaching valuable skills for dealing with stresses that come with numerous emotional and physical changes
- Dealing with changes like divorce, remarriage and blended families.
- Coping with conflicts within the family.
- Helping with death of a loved one, including pets.